MODEL 800C FIBER CHOPPER
This is a fiber chopper designed to span a header or door line, a knitting line or any process that requires a long chop base.
The cutter roll is fitted with .012 x 5/16 x length plain ended razor blades to cut the fiber. They are set apart on the roll at your specified intervals (1/2” minimum).
The idler roll serves to keep the fiber strands feeding properly. It provides pressure on the fibers to prevent any vibration or bouncing. This idler roll is set close to the knife blades on the front face of the mandrel.
The oscillator system is designed to give a consistent feed of the roving across the rubber roll mandrel to prevent wear in one place and to distribute the fiber strands evenly.
The cutter is custom made so the width is per your requirements (36” to 144”).
This unit will serve you well for many years with minimum maintenance. Give us a call today for your quotation.
- Can be purchased with an optional AC Controller unit.
- Optional custom stand available (based on customer design).
- Pneumatically driven strand oscillator is standard.
- Reliance 3 hp AC, 3 phase, TEFC, 213TC frame, 1170 rpm, Premium XEX motor, 6-60 CT.
- Tigear Speed Reducer, 25:1 ratio, 600 rpm output at 1200 rpm output for 213TC frame.
- Pneumatically operated Idler Roll.
- Pneumatically positioned Cutter Roll.